One of the city’s 10 community garden sites the Diamond Head Community Garden is at the intersection of Leahi Avenue and Pualei Circle.
Article about Oahu’s community gardens
If you have general questions about Honolulu’s Community Gardening Program, please call (808) 768-7138 or email email@example.com
Diamond Head Garden Stats
- 113 Plots
- dimensions 5′ x 17′
- Cost $18.50/year (Dues $10, User Fee $8.50)
Bylaws and Paperwork
Diamond Head Community Garden Bylaws
Gardener/Helper Liability Release
City and County Garden Regulations
The Diamond Head Garden holds monthly meetings on the second Saturday morning at 9 am on odd numbers months and the second Wednesday evenings at 5:30 pm on even numbered months. All meetings take place at the garden (see map below).
Map to Garden
- Botanical Gardens: Foster, Ho’omaluhia (offers kids programs), Koko Crater, Lili’uokalani, and Wahiawa
- Moanalua Gardens (formerly free, but now charges $1/person over age 12 of kama’aina & military, or $3/person otherwise)
- Lyon Arboretum: back of Manoa
- Waialua Sunflower Fields: Only available a few days a year, when the flowers are in bloom. No reservation needed for public access, but private group tours have been scheduled in the past as well. It can be muddy. Call 808.637.0100 ext 149 for more information and availability.
- Waimea Valley: botanical garden, Waihi waterfall, cultural activities, wildlife, ancient Hawaiian archaeological sites
- Camping: at Ho’omaluhia Botanical Gardens
- Hawaii State Farm Fair: annual event held in the summer at Kualoa Ranch; agriculture, livestock, educational & interactive displays, food, rides for kids, plants